Dental implants have been around since 1965. Over the past 50 years this area of dentistry has seen drastic improvement both in the science involved with creating the implants and the overall patient experience.
These amazing advancements have made dental implants the ideal choice for many patients when tooth replacement is necessary.
Every patient’s situation is different and warrants a personalized evaluation. There are times where a patient might not be a candidate for a dental implant due to a variety of factors.
The following 5 benefits of dental implants only apply to patients who are candidates for dental implants.
- Reliable and long lasting: Once placed, dental implants provide a convenient and permanent solution to missing teeth. Dental implants can often last as long as your natural teeth when cored for properly.
- Natural appearance: Dental implants are designed to look, feel and function like natural teeth.
- Better chewing ability: With dental implants you are often able to eat all of your favorite foods without a second thought. Some options for replacing teeth, such as traditional dentures, make eating different foods like corn on the cob and certain meats very difficult.
- Easy to care for: With dental implants, you will maintain your normal routine of brushing and flossing. No need to use special pastes or soaks.
- Prevent bone loss: Dental implants help prevent issues caused by missing teeth, including bone loss. The dental implant stimulates the bone in the area of the missing tooth and helps keep that area healthy.
If you are wondering if you are a candidate for a dental implant(s) please call our office to schedule a consultation, today! (248) 673-7300